City grants programs open for applications
January 20, 2012
Five of the City’s grants and sponsorships programs open on 13 February 2012.
These grants programs support innovative ideas from the local community. They have helped local schools build community gardens, neighbourhood groups to host Christmas parties and residents to enjoy ‘get to know your neighbour’ barbecues.
Grants have enabled South Sydney Police Citizens Youth Club to create a breakfast program with Our Lady of Mount Carmel Waterloo Primary School, and Parents and Carers 2011 received a grant for children’s singing and dancing lessons for East Sydney kids and their parents or carers.
If you have an idea you have always wanted to bring to life in your neighbourhood, I encourage you to get an information pack.
- Local Community Grants Program – grants of up to $5,000 to non-profit organisations for community projects, events, activities, services and resources that help build strong, healthy and vibrant local communities;
- Community Services Grants Program – grants over $5,000 to supports the development or provision of innovative services and delivering quality outcomes to the community;
- Cultural Grants and Sponsorship Program – grants of up to $5,000 to encourages and supports cultural development through the provision of grants and sponsorships for cultural projects and organisations;
- Environmental Grants Program – grants of over $5,000 to supports projects that provide an environmental benefit to the community, align with the City’s Environmental Management Plan and creatively engage the community in improving the state of the environment; and
- Heritage Grants Program – matched cash funding up to $10,000 encourages incorporated non-profit owners of heritage sites or buildings to undertake conservation and restoration.
Information kits will be available on 13 February from the City’s neighbourhood service centres and community centres or by phoning the City’s Customer Service Centre on 9265 9333.
Community information sessions will be held at Town Hall House, 456 Kent Street, Sydney on 27 February 2012 at 11am and 6pm, and on 8 March 2012 at 6pm.
The City is also hosting an information session specifically for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community at Redfern Community Centre on 1 March 2012 at 6pm.